HydroMet is constantly seeking new opportunities to examine residues/wastes with a view to providing treatment and recovery solutions through our unique technological processes. To enable this, currently the HydroMet group comprises a number of fully licensed operating facilities in NSW and VIC, employing 50 personnel between them.
Hydromet Corporation Pty Limited - Southern, NSW
- Located in Unanderra on a 20,000 sqm site 5 km from Wollongong.
- Onsite laboratory facility for project development and quality control.
- Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) dust processing facility to recover and value add the zinc content and chemically immobilize the residual contaminants for environmentally safe disposal to landfill under NSW Department of Environment and Conservation specific approval.
- The plant can process up to 30,000 tonnes per annum of industrial residues.
- Zinc Sulphate production from zinc extracted from EAF (steel mill) dust.
- The plant has production capacity of up to 5,000 tonnes per annum Zinc Sulphate with potential to expand to 10,000 tonnes per annum over two product grades.
- Used Lead Acid Battery Recycling, up to 40,000 tonnes per annum of used lead acid batteries (ULAB's).
- Battery breaking and product upgrading plant commissioned November 2006.
- Recoverable lead of up to 20,000 tonnes pa.
- In excess of 120,000 tonnes of ULAB's (used lead acid battery recycling) generated p.a. in Australia.
- Expansion considerations include smelting the lead to produce lead metals and production of lead chemicals.
Other industrial waste immobilisation services
- Using HydroMet's developed immobilisation technology to treat and dispose of hazardous industrial wastes.
- Site fully occupied with construction of battery recycling plant in 2006.
- Staff complement 30.
Hydromet Corporation Pty Limited - Laverton, VIC
- Located in Laverton on a 9,000 sqm site 16km from Melbourne.
- 40,000 tonnes per annum battery recycling facility.
- Rotary furnace and Lead refinery capable of producing 30,000 tonnes per annum of refined Lead.
- Onsite metallurgical laboratory and quality control facilities.